This year we’d like to share a very special Christmas dinner menu that will impress even the most sophisticated of guests. Although a few of the recipes do include several steps, many of them can be done ahead of time, so on the big day, you can prepare the meal with ease and as little fuss as possible. You can substitute any of the menu items for others of your choice, but the menu served in its entirety is spectacular and fantastically gluten-free!
We suggest you prepare this meal over two days. This way you can take your time and have time to do other things than cook, like visit with family and friends. We’ve also found that guests and family enjoy helping with the meal so our advice is LET THEM! There are many prep tasks that can be given to volunteers that will not only help you out but keep them occupied!
The Meal Plan
The day before:
- Make Spiced Pecans (recipe can be increased to accommodate # of guests) cover with foil and set aside.
- Make soup- this is actually two soups that are poured together in one bowl at serving time. Both soups and the crème fraiche garnish can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
- Make the Apple & Beet Puree, then refrigerate
- Make the Champagne Ice Cream in Chocolate Cups, freeze the ice cream, chill the chocolate cups and refrigerate the sauce
The morning of the day of:
- Make the Horseradish Pepper Rub for the Prime Rib
- Peel and chop potatoes then refrigerate covered with cold water.
- Prep the Green Beans, wash and trim beans, sauté onions, refrigerate
3 hours before the meal:
- Take the prime rib out of the refrigerator and apply rub all over.
2 hours before meal:
- Cook prime rib
- Serve Spiced Pecans
- Make and serve Hazelnut Gougere
1 hour before meal:
- Warm soups
- Take Apple Beet Puree out of refrigerator and bring to room temperature
- Cook potatoes
1/2 hour before meal:
- Serve soup
- Cook green beans, toss with lemon, olives & onion
- Mash potatoes and add seasonings
- Prime rib should be done, let rest
- Make wine sauce
- Serve meal
45 minutes after meal plate and serve dessert
- Merry Christmas from Glutenfreeda