Welcome to Hale’s Kitchen brought to you by Hunter Hale, Glutenfreeda’s aspiring young chef. Hunter has had a passion for cooking for many years and is now eager to share his knowledge of gluten-free recipes with people of all ages. Each month Hunter will walk you through a gluten-free recipe and give you some helpful tips on cooking gluten-free. Be sure to check back each month for this energetic and youthful approach to cooking gluten-free.
This Month: Sweetened Ricotta, Pistachio & Chocolate Drizzled Bruschetta
- 4 slices of Udi's GF White Sandwich Bread, crusts removed and sliced on the diagonal, toasted
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugarDash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio's
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate sauce or chocolate shavings
In a small bowl, beat the ricotta with the confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract until incorporated.
Spread ricotta mixture on top of the toast triangles and top with chopped pistachios and drizzle with chocolate (or top with shaved chocolate).
Marinated Strawberries with Sweet Mascarpone Bruschetta
- 4 slices of Udi's GF White Sandwich Bread, crusts removed and cut on the diagonal, toasted
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Mint leaf for garnish
Toast the bread triangles under the broiler until just browned.
In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In another bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese along with the confectioner's sugar and a dash of vanilla extract until incorporated.
Spread about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the mascarpone cheese mixture over a toast triangle and top with marinated strawberries. Drizzle the top with any reserved marinade and garnish with a mint leaf.