Happy Mother's Day to mothers
This Mother's Day make Mom feel extra
special by preparing either a breakfast or dinner (or
both if you really want to go that extra mile!).
After all, what greater gift could Mom receive than
a yummy meal prepared by those who love her! If
you happen to not be a natural in the kitchen but still
want to "wow" Mom this Mother's Day, we've
put together two simple but delicious Mother's Day gluten-free
menus. The recipes are all easy and are sure to
bring a smile to Mom's face.
Squeezed Orange Juice
bought will work too, but fresh squeezed is so much
better if you have a juicer!)
Coffee or Tea
with Berry Syrup
GF Bacon or Sausage
Apples with Pancetta
Crusted Salmon with Marionberry Chipotle Sauce
Strawberries with Wine & Balsamic Vinegar Sauce
Mother's Day Breakfast
- If making fresh squeezed orange
juice, juice the oranges and chill until ready to
- Cut up the fruit and place on
a platter (chill until ready to serve)
- Make the waffle batter
- Brew the coffee or put the kettle
on for hot tea
- Fry the bacon or sausage
- Make the waffles
- Make the berry syrup while waffles
- Serve to a well-deserving Mom!
Mother's Day Dinner
- Prep the mushrooms and cover
- Trim the strawberries and set
- Wrap the apples with pancetta
and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill apples & serve
- Roast mushrooms
- Trim asparagus and blanch until
just tender in salted, boiling water. When
done plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the
- Make the salmon
- Just before serving reheat the
asparagus in a skillet with a little melted butter.
- Serve dinner.
- Roast strawberries with wine
and balsamic vinegar sauce over vanilla ice cream
Happy Mother's Day!
|D E S S E R T S