Gluten-Free Recipe of the Week:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup gf chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup gf Italian sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 1 Tablespoon green onions, sliced
In a large heavy saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened. Add bell peppers, paprika, salt, oregano, cayenne pepper and black pepper; saute about 1 minute more. Add rice and saute 1 minute. Add broth and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add turkey and sausage, cover and cook 5 more minutes.
Sprinkle with onions and serve.
We make our own Italian sausage from fresh ground pork.